Facing Criminal Charges?

Your Reputation, Finances And Freedom Are On The Line.

Child Molestation by Family Members or Friends

Even though your accuser may be someone close to you, child molestation charges can carry serious consequences, regardless of whether or not you are convicted. If you have been accused of child molestation, you need an aggressive attorney to protect your rights.

My name is Anthony N. Palumbo and I understand that your reputation is on the line. For more than 35 years, I have successfully defended clients from all types of criminal charges, including crimes against children and child molestation. As your lawyer, I will aggressively defend your interests inside and outside of the courtroom.

Child molestation charges can carry serious consequences in your personal life and can result in jail time, fines and registration as a sex offender. For a free, confidential consultation, contact my criminal defense firm.

Child Molestation Charges

Having sex with a child, whether by touching or sexual intercourse, can lead to charges for child molestation. Child molestation is often charged as sexual assault or aggravated sexual assault. A conviction for sexual assault can lead to five-to-ten years in prison. Aggravated sexual assault convictions can result in 10-to-20 years in prison.

Megan’s Law in New Jersey

Additionally, in New Jersey, Megan’s law requires sex offenders, including those convicted of sexual assault or aggravated sexual assault, to register. If you are convicted of a child molestation charge, you will have to provide information to the local community about what you look like, where you live and your past crimes. If you are convicted of aggravated sexual assault or sexual assault involving physical force or coercion, you will need to be registered as a sex offender for life.

Hire an Experienced Attorney in Union – Middlesex – Monmouth – Essex County, New Jersey

Regardless of whether you are an uncle, aunt, grandparent or friend, I will fight to defend you from these charges. I have the experience necessary to get your charges dismissed or your penalties reduced. Contact my criminal defense firm to discuss your case.